What Documents are Required During the JEE Main Counselling?
The JEE Main 2019 Counselling dates will be released by the official exam conducting
authority NTA (National Testing Agency) and after JEE Main exam 2019 result. The
counselling for JEE Main is done through online mode in seven rounds. Only candidates
who will qualify JEE Main can appear for JEE Main counselling and the further process of
Through JEE Main exam 2019, candidates get admission in undergraduate engineering and
architecture programs. Numerous top-level Institutes like NITs, IIITs and other various top
engineering colleges consider the JEE Main score for providing admissions across India. In
order to take admission in IITs, you need to qualify JEE Main and JEE Advanced exam.
Here we provide all the details regarding the counselling of JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main Counselling 2019
The counselling and allocating of seat process will commence soon after the declaration of
JEE Main result. Furthermore, the counselling process will be organized through online
mode. JEE Main counselling process will take place from June 2019.
Essential Conditions for JEE Main 2019 Counselling
- Remember, all the candidates who cleared JEE Main will not get admission in IITs
and ISM Dhanbad as these Institutes take admission only to those candidates who
qualify JEE Advanced Exam.
- Admissions will be done based on All India Rank obtained by the candidates.
- In order to appear for JEE Main 2019 counselling, you should have scored above JEE Main cut off.
- For Paper 1, you should have qualified 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- For Paper 2, you have had Mathematics as one of the subjects in your 12th standard.
- To take admission in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, a candidate must score 75% aggregate marks (for general category) and 65% aggregate marks (for OBC/SC/ST/PWD Categories)
Documents Required at the Time of Admission
After seat allocation, you need to appear at the reporting centre for seat acceptance. You
need to carry your original documents with set self-attested photocopies.
You need to carry some of the important documents at the time of JEE Main counselling
process in order to have a smooth admission process. The list of important documents
which you will need are:
- Three Passport Size Photographs (same as the one uploaded in JEE Main 2019
- Photo Identity Card
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet or Pass Certificate
- Medical certificate
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
Proof of Fee Payment for Seat Acceptance
Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Registration form with filled Choices for Seat Allotment Candidate Undertaking
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- OCI Certificate or PIO Card (if applicable)
JEE Main Counselling Process
In order to take admission in top-level engineering colleges through JEE Main 2019, you
need to follow the below-mentioned steps. The steps are:
1.Online Registration– You must register to participate in the counselling process of JEE Main.
For registration, you need to visit the official website, login with your roll number and
password and then complete the registration details carefully, click on ‘’Confirm Registration
2. Locking and Filling the Choices-You will not be charged for the locking your choices. You
can fill the maximum number of choices for your seat allotment and after selecting the
choices you must lock your choices.
3. Provisional Seat Allotment-Not to forget to take print out of the ‘’Provisional Seat Allocation
Letter’’ after the allotment of the seats. You can choose to freeze, slide, or float options for
following rounds at the time of accepting the seat.
4. Fee Payment– You will be required to pay an amount of fee for the seat booking during the
counselling time of JEE Main 2019. The seat acceptance fee will be Rs 20,000 for reserved
categories and for general categories it is Rs 45,000. You can pay the fee through e-challan
or SBI net banking and further can take print out of the receipt for future reference.
5. Report at the reporting centre- You need to appear at the reporting centre after making the
seat acceptance fee online. Do not forget to bring all the vital documents at the time of
reporting. The verification of documents by the reporting centre will confirm your seats.
Remember, your offer will be rejected by the reporting centre if you fail to appear to the
6. Reporting to the Allotted Institute– After the confirmation of seat by the reporting centre,
you should report to the allocated Institute. Submit the fees and the required documents as
prescribed by the allotted college.
If you are having any problem or any kind of queries related to JEE Main 2019 counselling
process, you can contact the exam conducting authority helpline immediately.
To take active participation in JEE Main 2019 counselling, you should take all the required
important documents with you at the time of admission. If you have other queries related to
counselling procedure, you can leave your queries below at the comment section.
Don’t forget to download JEE preparation app. It provides free study mat