How Can I Choose The Perfect Hospital In Delhi For liver Transplant?
Liver transplant: What it is?
The process of liver transplant comprises of the removal of liver of the deceased person and using it to plant it on the person with final stage liver disease. The dysfunctional liver is removed and the functional liver is used for the transplantation.
If you are searching for a place in Delhi for the perfect hospital for the sole purpose of liver transplant then make sure you make the right choice. Choose a hospital with a team of talented Surgeons, Transplant Hepatologists, Nephrologists, and Microbiologists & Specialists in Infectious Disease, Neurologists, Pulmonologist, Transplant Coordinators, Nurses, Technicians, Gastroenterologists, Cardiologist and Counselors etc., who have wide experience in this field. The committed mission of this medical institution is to offer excellent and exclusive services for the patients.
The most challenging aspect of the transplants can be undertaken by the medical experts of the institution. The team is well trained in the best institutions around the world. They have experience in handling the most difficult of transplantation. The competent nurses available in the institution are well-trained and give optimum and excellent care for patients. The department in the hospital consists of advanced CCUs (critical care unit) the liver transplant area has detached cubicles. After the surgery patients are given extra care and ensured that proper medications are provided to them.
Who needs liver transplant ?
Liver transplants are necessary for people who have
- Damaged liver due to drinking alcohol.
- Long term Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C
- Birth defects in the liver and bile,
- The metabolic disorders that is related to liver failure.
The liver disease causes many problems like malnutrition, clotting of blood, Gastrointestinal Tract bleeding. The liver is properly removed by the incision done in upper abdomen. Then the fresh new liver is planted in the place that is connected to the bile duct. The liver transplantation process can take twelve hours and might require more bold transfusions. The patients would be admitted here for three to four weeks post-surgery to rest and they are given exclusive facilities during their stay. Immunosuppressive medicines are given to the patients all their life after the transplant to prevent the body from rejecting the organ.
The various kinds of liver transplantation
The two types of donors are the deceased donor and a live donor.
- The deceased donor is the liver received from the patient who has passed away or if some parts of their body are not function for instance a patient who is brain dead. They may be declared dead spiritually, ethically, legally and clinically.
- The living donor may be the patient’s family member or a person who is ready to donate the organ. The liver possesses the incredible ability to restore if a part is removed. That is why a health person can be a donor to donate a part of their liver.
The donor should have the same blood group and have good health condition. The donor must be above 18 years of age. A close friend or relative may be preferred to be a good donor. The donor will be accessed and evaluated by an authorized committee. The health of the donor is of utmost importance.