Find the Right Sale Jobs in India
Sales Jobs are incredibly varied in India. While one role can prove to be exceedingly well for you others might prove to be worse. The profession of a salesperson can be highly dynamic as this requires different skills with change in the segment of products or services.
Each company has their own way of marketing hence sales department needs to fuel up to chase in the right direction. Sales is a high revenue generating department and most companies hire candidates who has great market knowledge and can adapt new situations and clients. So, if you are the one looking for the right sales jobs in India then here is a complete guide sheet for you.
Check These Points Before You Select Your Sale Job Profile:
- Work Industry and Career Suitability: Sales is a passion driven career hence you must know that what is it you are interested to sell, is it software, FMCG, consumer services, manufacturing etc. so, once you get clarity on this, chances are that you might start as business development executive or an account executive. It is important for one to take this decision seriously as the initial industries you join as a sales rep will open doors of similar industries for you in future so, make sure you make a good choice.
- Longer Association: There should be a long term perspective behind choosing a type of sales job profile, as there are various job opportunities that are on a declining rate and before you step-in any such job profile you must make sure your job role will be necessary and you have atleast a 10 years future outlook for that specific job role in Indian job market.
- Pay Package: Making money can be a boon in sales job profiles. This is the sole job in India that guarantees employees to take commission. Although, there are various types of sales profiles divided from zero commission to complete commission. So, before you choose to proceed with any such sales job you must think what kind of pay package you want. In addition, it is also important to keep the average industry pay in the relevant job role.
- Type of Role: There are various job roles in sales jobs. With variety in roles, you need to make sure that which job role suits your personality and skills. Some people are good in meeting clients and getting business whereas, some may generate leads and finalize deals over calls. So, it is important for you to justify your personality and choose accordingly.
Type of Sales Jobs Profile
- Sales Representative Jobs: Sales representative is usually the most basic sales job profile with most companies. These professionals are also known as business development executives. To start with this position, you need to complete your graduation in any relevant field and apply through various job portals.
- SMB (Small and Medium Enterprise) Executive: These sales executives are usually found in corporates and startups. This position is for those who want to work on client to client business i.e. B2B sale job. Most companies have sales divided amongst many categories so, the professionals in this category handle sales calls for small and medium enterprises and managedeal closure.To start with this job, one should either have completed graduation with business diploma or should have done MBA.
- Key Accounts Executive: This sales job title is usually given to the professionals who work as enterprise sales executive and deal with corporates and multinationals. This is a highly paid job profile in sales most companies prefer MBA or Post Graduate candidates to take up these jobs.
- Pre-Sales Executive or Sale Enablement Analyst: This is an old position differentiated in the new work environment. In today’s world, most companies prefer sales candidates to just concentrate on their pitch and give the lead generation and presentation preparation work to other specialists known as sales enablement analysts. These candidates take up office jobs and find leads for sales professionals. To start this job, one is expected to have an MBA degree.
- Tele-Sales Executive: This sales job profile is for those who like to work from an office and have skills to make sales overcall. The professionals in this department can join either inbound or outbound sales process. Tele-sales help companies to cater to clients beyond borders and allow them to earn better revenue.
- Regional Sales Manager: These professional handlesteam of sales executive in defined areas. The regional sales manager is a managerial position and requires a candidate to be skilled in leadership skills. Most companies prefer to hire candidates who have MBA degree along with 3-4 years of work experience.
- Sales Head: These professional handles team of regional heads and is also known as the city heads. Sales heads are the senior managers who handle the matrices, revenues and targets for defined cities.
- Director Sales: Sales director is the professional who is responsible for sales target distribution and work graph management. Sales director looks after the team of senior sales managers. Most companies hire candidates with 10-12 years of work experience with MBA degree.
- Chief Revenue and Sales Officer: CRO or CSO is the top most position in sale job profiles. These professionals handle the revenue matrices for companies. This work profile is a strategic job role and requires a candidate to be skilled with entire business specifications. To become a CSO, one needs to have an MBA degree with 15-20 years of work experience in relevant sales job profile.
Skills Required for sales Jobs:
- Specific product Knowledge
- Prospecting Skills
- Client Handling
- Contract Management
- Active Listening
- Time Management
- Demo Skills
- Deal Skills
So, if you are the one looking for the right sales jobs, then get skilled and select the sales job that suits your personality.
Nikhil Mishra is a marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has a diverse career and has been a former journalist, copywriter and an avid communications professional. His passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice.