The creators of different contents want them to be ranked as quickly as possible so that they are easily found in a query given in a search engine. The use of these websites is now important, as it is reported that 93% of any online usage begins with a search engine. Here are ten tips about the ways you can achieve that feat.
Optimizing content for getting the best rank in a search engine query is important in a digital marketing scenario. Arecent study indicates that even before allowing for personal communication, 47% of the customer first review 3-5 pieces of content by the company online.Therefore, ways that ensure the proper integration of the contents are vital and can be listed as;
- Using the URL Inspection tool
The new inspection tool of Google, previously called Fetch and Render is a good way to get the content indexed in the search engine. Submitting the URL into the tool will instruct Google to crawl it, but the inclusion into the list puts it in the priority list, and the content / URL is likely to get indexed quicker than the others.
- Applying sitemap inclusion
One of the simplest and fastest ways to get content URL indexed is using the sitemap. There are multiple ways to do that, and using one of the following ways can optimize the inclusion and indexing of the content quicker;
- Including the content sitemap in the robots.txt file. In the usual robot.txt file, there are lists of directives. In the end, it is possible to include the content sitemap which essentially tells the search engine where it is. This helps in the quicker indexing of the required content.
- The sitemap can also be submitted via the “Search Console Sitemap Report” tool, which will also put in ahead in the list. Here, the sitemap can also be edited and validated.
- Another method is pinging the search engine and adding the sitemap containing the content URL. For Google, this method instantly queues the sitemap for crawling, and the content also gets ranked and indexed, if it meets the quality standard of Google.
- Going for Google indexing API
This interface also adds multiple URLs at a time to Google’s indexing service; and has greater speed and faster operations.
- Linking from significant pages
The content should contain links from important pages, maybe a blog, website as such. This does two things; (i) it puts the content URL for future crawling, (ii) it directs the search engine algorithms for giving the content a better rank. Therefore, content should be linked to proper sources.
- Modernizing older content
It is imperative to put important links in the fresh contents, however, it is also equally important to update the old content with these as well. This betters the rank of the contents; so if possible, the links can be put in the previous contents that match the keyword of the newer content in question.
- Using the external links
This is an obvious step for any SEO and content indexing method. The content, if shared socially, will generate more external links. Especially, when shared on the different aggregator sites, the content gets real links added. This makes a better ranking on Google or other search engines.
- Creating traffic
Although this concept is not foolproof; but, increased traffic sure does mark a content URL for indexing. All browsers can measure traffic to a certain URL, and the search engines thereby consider it in its list for further indexing and ranking.
- Linking to a search result
Now, this is also an effective technique. Rather than going for a direct sharing of the content URL, a search result can be shared to any social site. This does two things. The page opens with the keywords that are needed to be ranked, and the visitors click on the result. This increases the click-through rate, which may better the rank of the content.
- Updating the target query
Creating content with terms that search engine requires having “freshness”, the queries the site will try to provide the latest results for will get ranked sooner. So, check the freshness of the keywords before uploading.
- Exploiting high-rank URL structure
The search engines take into account the structure of URLs into account for the ranking. The content URL; ifit follows the structure of a high-ranking URL, can get ranked faster by the search engine.
In the end
As the searches are quite linked with the online digital marketing scenario, the contents are also required to be ranked as fast as possible and indexed in the search engine. The quicker that is done, the greater is the chance of leads. It can be a good decision to involve the services of a professional SEO company.