10 Amazing Tips for CAT Students to Increase Concentration during Exams
While preparing for the CAT exam, the goals of all students are different. But a single common thing which is a struggle for everyone is how to concentrate and stay focused. Various distractions can pose threats to your learning and productivity. Spending a couple of minutes on social media or other activities represent significant roadblocks to building concentration. To help you tune out the interruptions and stay focused on your studies, we’ve put together these helpful tips for CAT exam. The article may help you to look at how to proceed from preparation to the exam day.
Ten Tips for CAT Students:
- Maintain a Strict Schedule: Self-discipline is vital for success. Develop a rigorous routine to keep up with the course material.
- Set-up a Study Place: Setting up a proper study place is crucial because it has a significant influence on your learning process. Be sure to find a quiet and well-lit place with the required books and course material for the CAT exam.
- Make Notes in Writing: Making notes in writing keeps you more engaged and provides a means for visualizing the ideas and questions. It will help increase your retention of the material better. You can write and rewrite to help you learn better.
- Avoid Unnecessary Distractions: While preparing for the CAT exam, avoid browsing the internet or receiving social media notifications and other distractions. To avoid these distractions, you can set regular breaks from your schedule so that the learning tracks cannot be abruptly interrupted.
- Practice Time Management: As the CAT exam gives you less time to solve the paper, time management is the most crucial element being checked in the examination. Create a weekly schedule to dedicate each hour to English, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Reading Comprehension. Try to allot a dedicated amount of time for each section before moving on to the next one.
- Avoid Multitasking: Multitasking looks as if you are making progress at a handful of things by saving time, but it hampers your brain processing time. It also decreases your memory power, which in turn will affect your performance in the exam. So for example, if you are studying your CAT material and preparing food and keeping an eye on your washing machine at the same time then, there is a high chance of you missing on some crucial topics. It is because unknowingly, our energy is divided into all the tasks at hand.
- Reflect and Reconnect: Understandably, you have a rigorous time table of preparing for the intimidating CAT exam. But once in a while, monitor yourself and make adjustments. Go out for a walk, take a break; this will help your brain process and store all new knowledge you have learned. It will help you better to acquire new skills, refresh your body and mind and give you time to focus more on your goals.
- Take Regular Pauses: Most people do not study with the right concentration at a stretch. Long hours can have a harmful effect on your overall health. Studying for competitive exams with vast knowledge on the internet can cause headaches and other ailments which can affect your concentration level. We recommend taking a break of 15-20 minutes after every two hours of study. It helps in better concentration.
- Good Sleep: Sleeping is one of the most important and underrated tips for CAT exam. Sleeping is essential to boost the learning abilities of your brain. An uninterrupted and sound sleep of seven hours improves the quality of clear thinking and helps restore the newly learned skills. Hence, one of the last-minute tips for CAT, i.e., a good sleep should never be ignored.
- Miscellaneous Tips: Some other last-minute tips for CAT also include:
- Focus on strong areas in the last two weeks of the exam.
- Set realistic and achievable goals.
- Gradually reduce your study hours and relax on the day before you take the CAT exam.
- Believe in yourself, and do not feel demotivated.
Discipline Outwear Motivation
One of the most important aspects of improving any skill is to follow a strict discipline towards it. Maintaining a regimen of developing any talent through motivation is far more critical and permanent. Moreover, it will help you stand out if you pursue a masters degree in management. In addition to, IIMU’s flagship two year MBA program, and our one-year MBA programs in supply chain management and digital enterprise management aim to respond to the evidence-based need to transform your career by providing a well-rounded exposure. Structured around leadership and innovation, our programs also offer forward-thinking leaders to balance strategic thinking with an excellent operational focus.
Hope the tips for CAT exam mentioned above help improve your study and increase your concentration during the exam. All the best!!