Dandruff is nothing but dead skin cells that accumulate on the scalp and falling through the hair. This is a common hair condition that people of any age group suffer from. It causes irritation and often shakes your confidence when it becomes visible. Dandruff is mostly harmless, but it can often lead to further skin problems.
Nowadays, many dandruff shampoo for adults are available in the market. If you notice dandruff, then take an immediate action. An important cause of dandruff is having dry scalp. A poor diet and too much stress can also cause dandruff. Men can develop dandruff, if they use too much shampoo, hair sprays , gels and creams etc.
Dandruff is a problem that cannot be cured permanently but there some remedies that you can use to reduce dandruff problems are:
- An anti-dandruff shampoo can help you to reduce the problem of dandruff. Shampoos containing selenium sulphide Is useful in controlling dandruff. It will also soothe your scalp. You can also use a ginger scalp shampoo as it helps to fight against dandruff and reduce itching.
- If you have Seborrheic dermatitis, then using Ketomac shampoo is very helpful. Ketoconazole present in this shampoo is an active agent that controls dandruff effectively. But make sure to use ketoconazole shampoos only if you have Seborrheic dermatitis or severe dandruff problem. People using this shampoo have shown considerable improvement already. Ketoconazole shampoo does not have any side effects.
- Stop overusing certain hair products like hair sprays, gels etc. this contain harsh chemicals that often increasing the problem of dandruff and also brings along further skin conditions. Products containing alcohol can be more dangerous since it dries out the scalp making it more prone to dandruff. These products may not be the direct cause of your dandruff problem but these can increase the irritation and scratching can make it worse.
- Keeping hair clean is one of the most important step to reduce various kinds of hair problem. Wash your hair regularly at least once a day. Dead skin cells build up often in a dirty scalp and gives rise to dandruff problem. Washing your hair is not only hygienic but also keeps skin and hair problems away. You can also use home remedies if you have mild dandruff problems. Using certain natural shampoos having tea tree extracts can help a lot. Apple cider vinegar is helpful to fight dandruff.
- Many doctors suggest that a poor diet that lacks necessary amount of nutrients can be also be the cause of dandruff. Consumption of healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids can cause dandruff easily. You can eat salmon, tuna as it has good fats. If you don’t eat fish, then make sure to include some omega-3 supplement in your diet. Another solution that doctors suggest is reducing stress since it also contributes to the cause of dandruff. Reducing stress will reduce your dandruff problem along with other health issues. Find out the reason of your stress and address it. You may take the help of doctor too.