Infertility is a reality and there is no point in making it a social taboo. Both men and women can have infertility issues and they can be treated as well if people can come out of their shells and address the issues.
There are various reasons and causes of infertility due to which a couple might not be able to conceive children even when they want to. One of the best ways to address the issue of conception is IVF. A lot of couples have tried out IVF and it has really worked well for them.
What is IVF?
IVF or Invitro Fertilization is a process through which artificially a woman can conceive. This is a fairly complicated process and one needs to go through various stages to complete it. A woman carries a number of eggs in her ovary, one of which travels to the fallopian tube every month. When the egg does not get fertilized by a sperm it is excreted from the body during the menstrual cycle. When the egg gets fertilized by a sperm, the egg travels to the uterus and it lodges itself on the uterine wall where the baby grows.
IVF is a process during which the egg from the ovary is taken out and then fertilized with sperm collected from a sperm donor (who may or may not be the male partner in the couple), under regulated conditions in a laboratory. Once the egg has been fertilized, it is then again inserted surgically back into the women so that she can carry the baby to term in her womb. As you can see, this process is a rather lengthy one and it requires a lot of precautionary measures and not to mention immense patience from both the partners.
Things to keep in mind when opting for IVF
If you are considering IVF as a viable option, then there are a few things that you need to keep in mind:
- The first thing that you have to do is visit the best ivf centre in delhi. Take recommendations and research about the various IVF centres near and around you and then fix upon one which is the best.
- A lot of risk is involved in this process and it might take a really long time for the woman to conceive. And when the egg is inserted back inside, it might not be able to lodge itself properly, because of which the pregnancy cannot be carried to term.
- One has to make sure that the woman’s womb is compatible for carrying a fertilized egg, without which IVF will not be possible for the couple.
- It will cost a lot of money and is very expensive.
- There are always chances that the IVF might not work because of various factors. Talk to your doctor and find out about the various problems that you might encounter and how you can tackle with them.
IVF does a positive success rate and hence a lot of couples do tend to opt for it when they are unable to conceive on their own. Assess your risks and needs before you take the final call.