In this article, you will know how to recover data from damaged or corrupted SD card without formatting. Here you will be learned about the best Memory card data recovery software and CMD also.
“After a long time, I was want to copy some photos from SD card to the laptop through the card reader. When I connected SD card I show my all files are corrupted and the SD card is empty. It means I lost my whole data from SD card. I don’t know how to recover data from corrupted SD card without formatting please anyone can suggest me solution for this.”
Users will lose their important files and photos from SD card due to a multiples reasons. Few might be attributing it to users carelessness, while few may be a result of the corrupted data that are presenting within our SD card. When your SD card got corrupted, the data stored on it will be lost or get damaged too. You will need to search a reliable data recovery software to assist you to recover data back. But you should stop using your SD card instantly and do not save any new files on it. The lost data will be overwritten. It this article you know about how to recover data from corrupted SD card without formatting.
How to Acknowledge that your SD Card is Corrupted
Here are some common symptoms of a corrupted SD card:
- Videos and photos open wrongly or fragmentarily
- SD card cannot be read or is not recognized by the laptop and phone
- You get on a message on your phone that you cannot save files on your SD card
- SD card needs formatting but throws a message “SD card is not formatted, do you want to format it now?”
- Window OS displays reading errors doesn’t respond when you try to connect your SD card to the computer
Method 1:- Recover Data From Corrupted SD Card Without Formatting By Using CMD
To fix the corrupted SD card you can use command prompt and CMD is a part of windows versions
- Connect the corrupted SD card to the laptop.
- Proceed to Start button and right click.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin). The CMD will open.
- Write the SD card letter, E.g. > F: and press Enter.
- Write attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*, press Enter and hold for a few seconds.
- Now check the SD card, and your files would be restored.
Note:- Command prompt is not able to recover shift deleted data. If your data is shift deleted then you can try third-party software
Method 2:- Recover Data From Corrupted SD Card Without Formatting By Using Reliable Software
If the CMD is not able to recover your data then SysTools SD card data recovery software is a professional data recovery application that can be used to recover deleted, formatted, corrupted or inaccessible data in various data loss cases. It supports restoring data from computer hard drives, restoring formatted USB drive and all storage media like SD cards, Memory cards, etc. With its powerful data recovery capability, it is the best choice to recover your data from a corrupted SD card.
Before buying the full version software for corrupted SD card, you can first download the free demo version to scan the card and check which files the program can restore. If you don’t think you can get a fine outcome, just don’t pay it! You have nothing to lose. But if it works, then try it without any hesitation whenever you are facing a corrupted SD card error and looking for data recovery solutions. For use of this software please follow these steps:
- Firstly you can Download SD card data recovery software. Then Run the software.
- The tool views two options such as Scan and Formatted Scan you can choose any recovery options.
- Then search and preview recovered SD card data
- After that, Save recovered items on your laptop
The SysTools SD card data recovery software is the best software to recover deleted, corrupted and formatted data from the SD card. The most effective feature of the tool recovered any size of data.