Presently, there are various options for choosing the best software according to your job where you want us this software. Many people are changing their choice form SMS to Excel to Google Sheets which is the more suitable option for their business. Here, some features are given for Excel as well as Google Spreadsheets, which will help you to compare between the Excel and Google Sheets.
Advantages of Excel over Google Spreadsheet
Microsoft Excel is the old and reputed software. It has some good features which are given below.
- For managing larger data sets: You can use Excel and Google Sheets for processing a large amount of data. But, Sheets have not the ability to find out the method for keeping the activeness optimized for processing the huge number of data. Excel is always active for making a response without dependingon the amount of data which are managed by you. On the other hand, Sheets get slow down at the time of processing of a huge amount of data sets.
- For offering more variety of data visualization: They will have to face a great problem for the data visualization, while have changed their choice from Excel to Google Spreadsheet. More variety of data visualization is available in Excel and these are not available in the software of Google, beginning from pie charts to the option for interactive and bar graphs as conventional. For this reason, Excel is the best option for those persons who wish to perform the presentation of professional data, but it will be no matter when you want to use it in the digital marketing business.
- For the availability of many formulas and functions: When you are working with statistical or mathematical data, the Excel is the best option, as it is applicable for all purposes which are essential for your work.
Guideline for changing your decision for Google Spreadsheets
Google Spreadsheets is advantageous for those persons who use this software business related to the digital marketing. Some guidelines are given below for changing your decision for Google Spreadsheets.
- The add-ons section: When you switch to SMS to Google Spreadsheets, you will lose the accessibility of Excel, but it is not a matter of panic. You will check the toolbar and find out the add-ons section which consists of various interesting solutions for your all problems. You can use this tool to split name to one which makes shorting data by using colour and removing duplicate. You will not have any problem to handle the data for the purpose of digital marketing.
- Pivot tables: There is no option for grouping the data keeping as summaries in Google Spreadsheet, but it is available in Excel. If you have this problem, you must turn to the grouping data within the sorted pivot table. You will have to create an adjacent column to add the data formula which will extract the data range according to your plan for sorting the data. Grouping it by column, after pivoting out the information.
- Charts: Google Sheets will not provide you with pie chartand various bar graphs etc. As a solution for this, you will have to add an annotation column to the right. Moreover, this software will provide you the opportunity for making a copy of the chart to Docs and you can apply it at any time.