It has been observed that the learning process in girls is quite different from that of boys. This is the main reason why anyone should consider sending their daughter to a girls’ boarding school. Schools that are co-educational definitely have a lot of benefits, but you might want to consider everything before you come to a conclusion on what kind of school your daughter requires. Here are a few points that you should consider:
- There will be much fewer distractions in a girls’ school than in a co-ed school. You have to admit that when you mix adolescent girls and boys together, there is bound to be some form of inherent and social static distractions. In a girls’ school, the stereotypes and social expectations can also be broken down. This is the time when your daughter should focus on her studies and that is what these schools provide. They will have ample time in the future to engage in such distractions. Other than studies your daughter will also be able to focus on herself and figure out exactly what kind of person she is. Any girls’ boarding school in Dehradun is well known for turning young girls into mature women.
- In girls’ schools, the teachers are trained to teach girls. As said before, girls and boys have different learning processes so teachers who are acquainted with teaching girls only will be able to do the job in the best way possible. Their experience also helps them. Years of teaching girls will let them know the best way girls learn. They will thus be able to provide the right kind of encouragement and nurture them appropriately so that they can become more confident. This way they become the best kind of role models that girls look for.
- Your daughter will be able to benefit a lot from a community environment which is focussed educationally. Without having to accommodate both the sexes, the organisation and running of the school become quite simple. This helps the staff focus on the needs of the girls and provide activities that are more suited to them. They don’t have to worry about mixed signals being sent in the student lounge or on the playing field.
- In a same-sex school, the girls have no limit to her aspirations. She can dream big without being discouraged by her male peers. Women are making their marks in all kinds of fields nowadays. They are nowhere left behind. Still, the number of women in reputable and important positions is quite less when compared to men. Wouldn’t it be better f this would change? The girls in a girl’s school are told to believe that they are capable of running things, that they are less than no one. The best CBSE girls’ boarding schools in Dehradun are known to encourage their students to achieve their dreams no matter how big they are.
- In a girls school, your daughter will be a player instead of being an audience. Here they will get more chances to face challenges on their own instead of being passive.