An engagement ring is not only a show of love but a culturally important symbol, symbolizing commitment. Thus, the ring you buy must be a reflection of your personality. Even though engagement rings revolve around a diamond, the year 2018 seems to be breaking this tradition. Engagement rings now come with hitherto unimaginable stones and avant-garde designs. No matter what the design is, it is important that the ring seems to be an extension of herself. It is also important that the buyer be aware of the market trends, not just in designs, but the prices and other aspects as well.
- Avoid Trends: While it is easy to seek the comfort of the crowd, it must be remembered that the ring and the diamond/ stone should be a reflection of her personality. This can be determined by taking into account her tastes and styles. Closely observing her likes and preferences can ensure that the piece is something she will want to wear.
- Designs and Cuts: Millennials are, by nature, more individualistic and will prefer to wear pieces which reflect their personality. They are less likely to follow the tradition, and this is where new designs and cuts come in. Oval cuts, colored gemstones, rose gold and stacked rings are some of the new entrants in the field which can jazz the ring to no small extent.
- Don’t be “responsible”: Back during the Depression, De Beers started an ad campaign which exhorted men to spend their month’s salary on the ring if they wished to be “responsible’. At last count, the rule was to not spend less than three months’ worth salary on the ring. However, the reality is different: many women have begun to prefer smaller rings, and in some cases even forego the diamond all together. There is beautiful gold rings price below 6000, which cater to almost all the needs of the buyer.
- Making Charges: When the gold is customized, the finished product comes with making charges attached to it. Making charges refers to the “amount paid for the labor involved in making jewelry”. Most jewelers offer fixed making charges on bulk purchases, making it cheaper to buy all the jewelry from a single store. Also, more the intricacy of design, higher will be the making charges, making machine-made jewelry more convenient.
- Purity: In today’s age, it is no longer important that the love behind the ring be pure, the ring must be “pure” as well. It is in this context that purity tests are important. Irrespective of the seller, it is important to get the jewelry checked for purity. Most jewelry stores have purity machines installed in their stores, so that the purity of the gold can be checked.
One can also consider gold bangles design with weight less than 10 grams. Their delicate designs go well with minimalist rings. These tips can come handy while choosing the perfect ring for your lady.